So you know when you have one of those days where you swear that you will be productive and have an AWESOME day?? That is how my morning started out. I was able to get a ton of work done around the house and spend some time playing with the kids. Everything was going so well I invited my Dad over for dinner and pulled up my trusty Pintrest boards for ideas on what to cook. I picked some great recipes I had been dying to try and they all turned out pretty great! That being said this is before I on accidentally dumped the chicken onto the bottom of the oven and burned my hand trying to grab it. Then one of my burners stopped working while I was trying to make the roux for my mac and cheese and then I over cooked my blondies because my oven is insane and has a mind of its own! That being said dinner though, dinner was TASTY!! Next time though I will make sure to put the kids in bed and wait until my guests leave to run the self clean on the oven. Oops! Sorry Dad!
Do you ever have those days when you are trying to cook and nothing goes as planned? I swear cooking is always an adventure in our house!
Check out what we had for dinner and try them out for yourself!
Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used Miracle Whip Light and it still tasted FANTASTIC!)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix mayonnaise, cheese and seasonings.
- Spread mixture over chicken breast and place in baking dish.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
Panera’s Stove Top Mac and Cheese
from Smells Like Home
- 16 oz pipette pasta or other small pasta shapes
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk, heavy cream, or half-and-half
- 4 oz white American cheese, chopped or torn into pieces
- 8 oz extra sharp white Vermont cheddar, shredded
- 2 tsp – 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (adjust according to your tastes)
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce (like Frank’s)
- In a large stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a 4-quart sauce pan over medium heat. When the butter has melted and has started to bubble, whisk in the flour; cook for 1 1/2 minutes whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in the milk until no lumps remain. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook milk mixture, whisking frequently, until it thickens and bubbles, about 8 minutes.
- Remove sauce pan from the heat and by the handful, stir in the cheeses allowing all of the cheese to melt into the sauce before adding more. Stir in the mustard, salt, and hot sauce. Return the sauce pan to the heat and stir in the pasta. Be sure to stir up the sauce from the bottom of the sauce pan and thoroughly coat all of the pasta with sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes over medium-low heat until heated through. Serve hot in bowls with spoons.
Brown Sugar Blondies
from Baked Perfection
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup to 1 1/3 cup M&M’s
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well. Cool slightly. Add egg (beaten) and vanilla and blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well. Mix in 2/3 cup M&M’s. Spread in 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Sprinkle 1/3 to 2/3 cup M&M’s on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Store in airtight container at room temperature.